Reads the content of the specified cell or range of cells and returns the value as an output.
Value - The String variable where the formula would be stored.
Column - The column where the formula would be read.
Row - The row where the formula would be read.
Worksheet - The name of the sheet to be updated. By default, it is set as “Sheet1”.
ContinueOnError - The Boolean value to specify whether to continue executing the next activities even if there is an error thrown on this activity.
DisplayName - Renames the activity.
For this example, this is what the sample Spreadsheet contains:
- Add an Excel Sequence activity inside the initial Sequence.
- In the Excel Sequence File Path field, search for and select your Spreadsheet document by clicking the browse button.
- Create a String variable and name it formula.
- Inside the Excel Sequence, add a Read Cell Formula activity, and in the Value field under Properties, add the formula variable.
- In the Read Cell Formula Worksheet field, write "Sheet1" (or the name of the sheet you would use).
- In the Read Cell Formula Column field, write "B", and in the Row field, write "5".
- After the Read Cell Formula, add a Write Line activity.
- In the Write Line Text field, add the formula variable.
The use case should look as the following screenshot:
The output should look like this in the Output panel: