Reads all characters from a specified PDF file and stores it in a String variable.
Range - The range of results to be stored as the output.
Range - The range of pages that you want to read. If the range isn’t specified, the whole file is read. You can specify a single page (“8”) or a range of pages (“8-11”) to be read. Only String variables and strings are supported. The default value is “All”.
FilePath - The full path of the PDF whose text would be read.
Password - The password of the PDF file if it requires one.
ContinueOnError - The Boolean value to specify whether to continue executing the next activities even if there is an error thrown on this activity.
DisplayName - Renames the activity.
- Create a String variable and name it pdf.
- Add a Read PDF Text activity inside the initial Sequence.
- In the Read PDF Text Text field under Attributes, add the pdf variable.
- In the Read PDF Text File Path field, search and select the PDF file that you will use.
- After the Read PDF Text activity, add a Write Line activity.
- In the Write Line Text field, add the pdf variable.
The use case should look as the following screenshot:
With the given sample PDF file, the result should be its contents in the Output panel.