Retrieves a substring from the input.
Input - The original string.
Length - The number of characters in the substring.
Position - The zero-based starting character position of a substring in this instance.
ContinueOnError - The Boolean value to specify whether to continue executing the next activities even if there is an error thrown on this activity.
DisplayName - Renames the activity.
Result - A string that is equivalent to the substring of Length that begins at the position in this instance.
- Create a String variable and name it substring.
- Add a Substring activity inside the initial Sequence.
- In the Substring Result field, add the substring variable.
- In the Substring Input field, write "Robotic Process Automation".
- In the Substring Position field, write 16.
- In the Substring Length field, write 10. This would retrieve the word "Automation".
- Under the Substring activity, add a Write Line activity.
- In the Write Line Text field, add the substring variable.
The use case should look as the following screenshot:
This should be the output in the Output panel: