Reads and stores the value of a specified column.
Values - The value of the column to be stored.
Column - The column where the value would be read.
ContinueOnError - The Boolean value to specify whether to continue executing the next activities even if there is an error thrown on this activity.
DisplayName - Renames the activity.
For this example, this is what the sample CSV document contains:
- Add a CSV Sequence on the initial Sequence.
- In the CSV Sequence File Path field, search and select the CSV document that you will use.
- In the CSV Sequence Delimiter field, write ','.
- Create a Array of String (String) variable and name it col.
- Inside the CSV Sequence, add a CSV Read Column activity.
- In the CSV Read Column Values field, add the col variable.
- In the Column field, write 1. This means this activity would read the data in the column index 1.
- Under the CSV Read Column, add a For Each activity.
- In the For Each activity Values field, add the col variable.
- Inside the For Each activity, add a Write Line activity.
- In the Write Line Text field, write item.ToString. This is to simply display the values of the retrieved column.
The use case should look as the following screenshot:
The output should look like this in the Output panel: