Removes a data column from a specified data table.
Column - The data column object to be removed. If this property is set, then the ColumnIndex and ColumnName properties are ignored.
ColumnIndex - The index of the column to be removed.
ColumnName - The name of the column to be removed from the data table. If this property is set, then the ColumnIndex property is ignored.
DataTable - The data row object from which the column would be removed.
ContinueOnError - The Boolean value to specify whether to continue executing the next activities even if there is an error thrown on this activity.
DisplayName - Renames the activity.
- Create a DataTable variable called dt.
- Add a Generate Data Table inside a Sequence, and in the DataTable field under Properties, add dt.
- In the ColumnSeparators field under Properties, write ";", and in the NewLineSeparator field, write "|".
- In the Input field, type "1; Nicole; 32|2; John; 25|3; Michael; 29". This would be the sample values inside the data table.
- Add a Remove Data Column activity, and in the DataTable field, write dt.
- In the Column Index, write 0. The use case should look as the following screenshot:
After execution, the column in index 0 should be removed.