Text - The data table output as string.
DataTable - The data table object to be written into a string.
ContinueOnError - The Boolean value to specify whether to continue executing the next activities even if there is an error thrown on this activity.
DisplayName - Renames the activity.
- Add a Generate Data Table inside the initial Sequence.
- Create a DataTable variable called dt. Select Sequence as its Scope.
- In the Generate Data Table DataTable field under Properties, add the dt variable.
- In the Generate Data Table ColumnSeparators field under Properties, write ";", and in the NewLineSeparator field, write "|".
- In the Generate Data Table Input field, type "1; Nicole|2; John|3; Michael". This would be the sample values inside the data table.
- Create a String variable called dataTable. Select Sequence as its Scope.
- After the Generate Data Table, add an Output Data Table.
- In the Text field under Properties, add the dataTable variable.
- In the Output Data Table DataTable field, add the dt variable.
The use case should look as the following screenshot:
After the execution, the data from dt DataTable variable should be stored in the String variable dataTable.