Gets the value from a data row variable according to a specified column.
Value - The column value from the specified data row.
Column - The data column object whose value is to be retrieved from the data row. If this property is set, then the ColumnIndex and ColumnName properties are ignored.
ColumnIndex - The index of the column whose value is to be retrieved from the data row.
ColumnName - The name of the column whose value is to be retrieved from the data row. If this property is set, then the ColumnIndex property is ignored.
Row - The data row object from which a value is to be retrieved.
ContinueOnError - The Boolean value to specify whether to continue executing the next activities even if there is an error thrown on this activity.
DisplayName - Renames the activity.
- Create a DataTable variable called dt.
- Add a Generate Data Table activity inside the initial Sequence.
- In the Generate DataTable activity Data Table field under Properties, add the dt variable.
- In the ColumnSeparators field under Properties, write ";", and in the NewLineSeparator field, write "|".
- In the Generate Data Table Input field, type "1; Nicole|2; John|3; Michael". This would be the sample values inside the data table.
- Add a For Each Row activity, and in the DataTable field, add the dt variable.
- Create an Int32 variable called rowItem.
- Add a Get Row Item activity inside the Body sequence, and in the Value field under Properties, add the rowItem variable.
- In the Get Row Item Row field, add Row, and in the Column Index field, write 1.
- Add a Write Line activity after the Get Row Item activity.
- In the Write Line activity Text field, add the rowItem variable:
The output should look like this in the Output panel: