Sorts a table on a spreadsheet based on the values of a column in descending or ascending order.
ColumnName - The name of the column to be sorted.
Order - The order of which the column would be sorted. The options are ascending or descending sorting.
TableName - The name of the table to be sorted.
Worksheet - The name of the sheet to be updated. By default, it is set to “Sheet1”.
ContinueOnError - The Boolean value to specify whether to continue executing the next activities even if there is an error thrown on this activity.
DisplayName - Renames the activity.
For this example, this is what the sample Spreadsheet contains:
- Add an Excel Sequence activity inside a Sequence.
- In the File Path field, search for and select your Spreadsheet document by, first, clicking the browse button.
- Add a Sort Table activity, and in the Worksheet field, write "Employees" (or the name of the sheet you would use).
- In the Table Name field, write "Info" since this is the name of the table from the sample Spreadsheet.
- In the Column Name field, write "Name". This means this table would be sorted based on the values in Column Name.
- In the Order field under Properties, choose Descending.
The use case should look as the following screenshot:
After execution, the values of the Spreadsheet should be sorted in descending order based on the values of the Column Name: