Writes the value from a data table variable to a specific cell or range of cells.
DataTable - The data table variable where the data table is stored.
StartingCell - The starting cell where the data would be written.
Worksheet - The name of the sheet to be updated. By default, it is set as “Sheet1”.
ContinueOnError - The Boolean value to specify whether to continue executing the next activities even if there is an error thrown on this activity.
DisplayName - Renames the activity.
- Create a DataTable variable and name it dt.
- Add a Generate Data Table activity inside the initial Sequence.
- In the Generate Data Table DataTable field under Properties, add the dt variable.
- In the Generate Data Table ColumnSeparators field under Properties, write ";", and in the NewLineSeparator field, write "|".
- In the Generate Data Table Input field, type the data that you want to insert on your excel file. For this example, we'll insert Names.
- After the Generate Data Table, add an Excel Sequence activity.
- In the Excel Sequence File Path field, select your Spreadsheet document by clicking the browse button.
- Inside the Excel Sequence activity, add a Write Range activity.
- In the Write Range Worksheet field, write "Sheet2" (or the name of the sheet you would use).
- In the Write Range Starting Cell field, write "A1".
- In the Write Range DataTable field, add the dt variable.
The use case should look as the following screenshot:
After execution, the values of the dt variable should be written starting from the specified starting cell: