Reads the content of the specified column and returns the value as an output.
Values - The name of the variable where the value would be stored.
Column - The column where the value would be read from.
Worksheet - The name of the sheet to be updated. By default, it is set as “Sheet1”.
ContinueOnError - The Boolean value to specify whether to continue executing the next activities even if there is an error thrown on this activity.
DisplayName - Renames the activity.
For this example, this is what the sample Spreadsheet contains:
- Add an Excel Sequence activity inside a Sequence.
- In the File Path field, search for and select your Spreadsheet document by, first, clicking the browse button.
- Create an (IEnumerable<Object>) variable called names.
- Inside the Excel Sequence, add a Read Column activity, and in the Values field under Properties, add names.
- In the Worksheet field, write "Info", and in the Column field, write "A".
- Next to Read Column, add a For Each activity, and in the Values field, type names.
- Inside the For Each Activity, add a Write Line activity, and in the Text field, write item.ToString.
The use case should look as the following screenshot:
The output should look like this in the Output panel: