Reads the content of the specified cell and returns the value as an output.
Value - The name of the variable where the value would be stored.
Column - The column where the value would be read from.
Row - The row where the value would be read.
Worksheet - The name of the sheet to be updated. By default, it is set as “Sheet1”.
ContinueOnError - The Boolean value to specify whether to continue executing the next activities even if there is an error thrown on this activity.
DisplayName - Renames the activity.
For this example, this is what the sample Spreadsheet contains:
- Add an Excel Sequence activity inside the initial Sequence.
- In the File Path field, search for and select your Spreadsheet document by clicking the browse button.
- Create a String variable and name it output.
- Inside the Excel Sequence, add a Read Cell activity, and in the Value field under Properties, add the output variable.
- In the Worksheet field, write "Info" (or the name of the sheet you would use).
- In the Column field, write "A", and in the Row field, write "9".
- After the Read Cell, add a Write Line activity, and in the Text field, add output.
The use case should look as the following screenshot:
The output should be the value from Column A and Row 9 in the specified worksheet: