Adds a comment into the sequence. A user could add notes for commenting purposes. This does not affect your workflow execution.
ContinueOnError - The Boolean value to specify whether to continue executing the next activities even if there is an error thrown on this activity.
- DisplayName - Renames the activity.
Text - The text to be displayed as a comment. Appended by “//”.
- Name the initial Sequence as Main Sequence.
- Let us create a new String variable named fileLocation with a default value of your desktop path.
- Drag a Comment activity inside the Main Sequence and type
//Please make sure to change the fileLocation variable on a different computer
This would act as a reminder if a different person would be editing this workflow.
- Let us create another variable named fileList.
This time we would use String Array as the variable type. First choose Array of [T]
As soon as you click on Array of [T], a window would be shown asking you to select the type. Choose String.
- Now let us add in a Directory Get Files activity into the Main Sequence.
- Type fileLocation on the Directory input box.
- On the Directory Get Files attribute, add fileList as the Files output.
- Drag a ForEach<> Activity below the Directory Get FIles activity and choose String as its type.
- Type fileList on the Foreach item in input box.
- Add a Log Message activity on the For Each activity's Body.
- Type in item as the Log Message activity's Message.
- Once you execute the workflow by pressing F5, the Output would show all of the files on your Desktop.
You could see the whole workflow below: