Monitors changes on a specified file or folder.
- Continue on Error - The Boolean value to specify whether to continue executing the next activities even if there is an error thrown on this activity.
Change Type - Created, Deleted, Changed, Renamed, All.
Notify Filters - FileName, DirectoryName, Attributes, Size, LastWrite, LastAccess, CreationTime, Security.
File Name - The name of the file to be monitored for changes.
Path - The path of the file to be monitored for changes.
Display Name - Renames the activity.
Include Subdirectories - True or False value that allows the subdirectories of the path to be monitored as well.
- Drag a Monitor Events activity inside the Workflow area.
- Add a File Change Trigger activity inside the Monitor Events activity on top of the Event Handler Sequence.
- On the Monitor Events Properties, select All in the Event Property ChangeType.
- In the Notify Filters on Properties panel, Check all the options.
- On the File Trigger activity, click on the browse button and select desired file location.
- Enter "test.txt" in the File Name field in the File Trigger activity.
- Add a Write Line activity inside the Event Handler Sequence.
- In the Write Line Text field, enter "test". This writes the word test in the Output panel whenever there are changes made with the file.
- When executed, Monitor Events activity will wait for any changes to the file "test.txt" then it will do the tasks inside the Event Handler.
The use case should look like the following screenshot:
The output should look like this in the Output panel: