The container for the event trigger activities. When the trigger activity is met this would execute the activities inside the event handler.
- Continue on Error - The Boolean value to specify whether to continue executing the next activities even if there is an error thrown on this activity.
Repeat Forever - When True, executes the activities within the event handler every time the event is triggered. When False, executes the activities within the event handler once.
Display Name - Renames the activity.
- Drag a Monitor Events activity inside the Workflow area.
- Add a File Change Trigger activity inside the Monitor Events activity on top of the Event Handler Sequence.
- On the Monitor Events Properties, select All in the Event Property ChangeType.
- In the Notify Filters on Properties panel, Check all the options.
- On the File Trigger activity, click on the browse button and select desired file location.
- Enter "test.txt" in the File Name field in the File Trigger activity.
- Add a Write Line activity inside the Event Handler Sequence.
- In the Write Line Text field, enter "test". This writes the word test in the Output panel whenever there are changes made with the file.
- When executed, Monitor Events activity will wait for any changes to the file "test.txt" then it will do the tasks inside the Event Handler.
The use case should look like the following screenshot:
The output should look like this in the Output panel: